Sustainable Business Compact
Sustainable Pittsburgh Challenge
Sustainable Small Business
Sustainable pgh Restaurant
Who We Are
Getting Started with Supply Chain Sustainability
Your supply chain is how your business executes, from raw materials to distribution.
Supply chain management is one of the most impactful opportunities for business sustainability – from reducing expense to ensuring needed raw materials, fair labor practices, and supplier diversity. What are opportunities and best practices for incorporating sustainability into supply chain decisions and processes?
Join UPMC and Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability to explore sustainable supply chain basics, how your business can get started, and how it stands to benefit.
What You Will Learn:
- How does incorporating environmental, social equity, and governance considerations into the supply chain benefit your bottom line?
- What is purchasing vs. supply chain?
- What are advantages of working with local suppliers that might include veteran-, women- and minority-owned businesses?
- How can supply chain management help you mitigate risks like security breaches, gaps in product supply, labor and other reputational disruptions, and distribution challenges?
- Valarie Cofield, Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council
- Patrick Flaherty, UPMC
- Benson Gabler, Pittsburgh Living Product Hub at International Living Future Institute
- Tim Nedley, UPMC
- Richard Price, Pittsburgh Region Clean Cities
- Toni Silva, UPMC
- Justin Stockdale, Pennsylvania Resources Council
- Sara Walfoort, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- Bart Wyss, UPMC
Who Should Attend:
- Executives in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Fleet Management, Waste Management, O&M
- Leaders in Strategy, Business Development, and Marketing
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Leaders
Wednesday, Feb. 21
8 am – Noon (breakfast at 7:30 am)
Cumberland Woods Village Conference Center
700 Cumberland Woods Dr., Allison Park, PA 15101
Hosted by UPMC and Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability